Image Map

Wednesday 15 April 2015

Back To School Seasonal Swaps

The Easter holidays are nearly over, school is around the corner, so now is about the time everyone is restocking on pens and pencils, buying new uniform or new clothes if you are lucky enough not to wear uniform. this post is going to be some of my spring/summer school essentials.

Ditch the trousers for skirts-
you know summer is approaching when everyone is in skirts with thin tights ! I prefer skirts so much more so they are definitely a summer essential! the skirt I have ordered is from Topshop.   I haven't got it yet because they didn't have my size in store so I have had to order it online. im so excited to wear it.

Makeup -
Swap lipsticks for balms. For school you don't always have access to mirrors so unless you are an expert at applying lipsticks I suggest a tinted lip balm, it still gives you a hint of colour and cares for them at the same time but you don't need the precision you do with lipsticks! You can get them with SPF in them too which is great for summer!
Swap foundation for BB creams. BB creams also have SPF in them. There are some bb creams that have amazing coverage too, I just feel they are lighter and better for your skin so that's definitely my go to face makeup. Along with a mineral matt powder just to get rid of the "glow" you get when its hot.
A summery body mist rather than perfume it is less strong and you can apply it throughout the day!

Hair-
As its hot you are more likely to take your hair up but it doesn't have to be a simple pony tail!
 My next post is going to be some summer up dos suitable for school so if you want some ideas come back to see my favourite up dos for school.

Its not just the style of your hair that you change it can also be the colours. In summer your hair will naturally get lighter anyway but some people like to dye it lighter, which can be fun to experiment with to find what suits you.

They're some of my seasonal swaps for school I hope these got you all excited for summer and helped you in anyway possible!

 
Mia x

2 comments:

  1. Totally agree with you here lovely, I haven't been to school in a long time (I feel SO old!) but when i want a more natural, work look; balms, bb creams and a light mascara is all I want to wear :)

    Elle
    www.theellenextdoor.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, I love balms so much more than lipsticks in summer and I definitely prefer bb creams too!

    Mia x

    ReplyDelete